An early start program for newly-admitted first-year students
Save the Dates for
Summer Advantage 2017:
June 26-July 28
Move-In: June 24, 2017 and Move-out: July 29, 2017. Stay tuned for more updates or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org!
Are you looking to get an early start?
Do you want to prepare for college success?
Check out Summer Advantage!
Summer Advantage is an opportunity to adjust gradually to the new academic demands of college life through tailored programming, peer and professional support, and planned recreational activities. Become familiar with the WSU campus and learn the most effective techniques for academic achievement through time management, study skills, and leadership workshops.
Summer Advantage is a five-week program where you can earn up to seven college credits. We are dedicated to preparing students to excel in and out of the classroom, emphasizing academic preparedness, student involvement, and personal integrity.
Students who attend Summer Advantage will be better able to handle the academic rigors of university life, have connections to campus and community, and have a sense of what it means to be a leader at Washington State University.
Who should attend Summer Advantage?
Summer Advantage is a program for admitted first-year students. If you have been accepted to attend Washington State University and would like to get an early start on your college career, please think about attending Summer Advantage. The resources, knowledge, and connections made are priceless for an incoming first-year student. Transition to WSU during a supportive, welcoming time, and make Pullman your home away from home.
- Get a head start and beat the fall rush
- Earn up to 7 college credits in only 5 weeks
- Fulfill University Common Requirements [UCORE]
- Discover campus resources
- Develop leadership skills
- Explore WSU in a supportive, academic, residential program
- Adjust gradually to the academic demands of college life
- Participate in organized activities
- Build a community of friends
- Make WSU your home away from home
- Enrich your life through University Recreation
- Experience the great weather and outdoor activities
- Have fun on weekend excursions with your new Summer Advantage friends
- Set yourself up for college success
- Learn what it means to be a Coug!